New Member Introductions

Hello everybody, I’m Waldemar Osmala I’m a designer from Brazil now living in California, I had some experience with app development in the past but I’ve never learned how to actually do it, only the ux/ui.

I’ve decided to learn iOS dev so I can create my portfolio with fresh projects and apply for some Big Tech around here.

My goal is to develop at least three apps this year and start 2025 at that fruit company! Wish me luck! :smiley:

2 Likes

Good Day all/ My name is Dave and i have been thinking about getting into app development for for some time. I currently work in software installation for a hospitality based POS company. Excited to be here and love Chris’s teaching style .
War Game - here i come!

Welcome Dave,

Have fun and remember that above all there is no such thing as a dumb question. We all (most of us) started this journey knowing next to nothing about coding.

1 Like

Hi All,

I’m Richard from the UK (North London). I work at a school and we have nearly 300 iPads. I’d like to create an app that will be useful for the children in some way. I’ll start it off as a custom app and then if it works well I’ll release it further down the line.

I’ve recently been creating a few apps in Microsoft Power apps which people have really appreciated so I thought I’d have a go at the real deal. I know it’s going to be tricky but nothing ventured nothing gained.

I’ve just completed the 4 new modules and I can’t wait for the exercises to be released. Chris’ teaching style is great - I almost learn more when he makes mistakes then figures out what went wrong!

1 Like

Welcome aboard Richard.

1 Like

Hello Chris, I am new to the forum/community. How do I post to it to introduce myself and look for help if needed?
Thanks
Den

@qspac3

Hi Den,

Welcome to the community.

If you are a member of CWC+ (subscription) then you can gain access to the Course Student section and post your questions in the appropriate sub category there. Contact the team via the message facility on the CWC web site by tapping on the envelope icon on the lower right of the web page.

If you are not a member of CWC+ then post your questions in the App Development category and one of the members here may be able to help you.