New Member Introductions

Good day CodeCrew!

My name is Elroy, an Open Source Web Developer. I worked front-end development and have a background in Python, Objective C, and Java. Looking forward to developing supportive apps for the World by way of a Dev Shop. Thanks for allowing me to join the community.

1 Like

Hi everyone, my name is Anthony and I work at Arizona Pain and Posture. I started this journey in search to build my own app for the company so my patients can find the knowledge we have in clinic in the comfort of their own home. I barely on the 2nd lesson of Xcode. still lots to learn and really excited on getting to know more about coding and developing. :herb:

1 Like

Hello CodeCrew :wave:

I’m Emma, UX designer and avid baker! I’ve been working in the UX/UI design world for about 10 years now. I love that I found a career that can marry my love of design with my love of technology.
As I mentioned above I am an avid baker. Baking is a science and recording your process is important. I have reverted to writing every recipe I create/try with pencil and paper. This may seem fine, but I can never fit anything on those little recipe cards so in reality all my recipes are strewn across scrap paper and post-its. I have tried recipe sites, but they are mainly focused on sharing, not documenting. A huge part of my job is finding solutions to complicated problems in order to make people’s lives easier, so I figured I could apply that thinking here.
A few google searches later and here I am! Anyway, I’m excited to learn new things and expand my skill set!

1 Like

Hi CodeCrew,
My name Ali and from Cambodia. This is my first journey on iOS development. I have a lot more to learn from all of you guys. I love coding because I like to make thing by own it look cool and it makes me happy. I come across this community by watching Chris video by the time I was looking for how to implement the login page using swift and I found out Chris video was great and easy to understand.

1 Like

Cheers, Elroy! Welcome to the fam! Amazing skillset you have right there. Our community of learners will certainly benefit from you (and vice-versa). Have fun! :slight_smile:

Wow, what a goal! Just imagine the positive difference your future app will make to your patients and other health practitioners. We’re cheering for you! Update us! And welcome to the family! :slight_smile:

Cheers, Emma! Am sure your creative power will be able to find a way to marry app development and baking together, haha. Your passions are so palpable! It will never be an accident that you stumbled upon us just by a mere Google search. Great things ahead. Welcome, welcome!

1 Like

Welcome to the family, Ly! I personally stayed in Phnom Penh for 6 months back in 2015. Lovely country and people, and I’m missing it a lot! Thanks for your kind words. We’re confident that you’ll only get better and better. Orkun! :slight_smile:

Hey, everyone. I’m Anthony. I’m a voice actor by trade, but recently a friend of mine (who works for Apple) did a basic virtual (Webex) intro class for Xcode and Swift for us socially distanced folks stuck at home. I loved it! In elementary school, I remember following code written in BASIC in the covers of magazines and had created a few simple games on the Apple ][e! Since then, I picked up very rudimentary understanding of some php code in order to edit and further customize themes on my websites which run on Wordpress. I always wanted to really get into coding and learn it, but time didn’t allow for it… until now - so I guess there’s a positive side to the pandemic we’re all living through. Slight silver lining.

After the online class, I searched for more tutorials, but even Apple’s tutorials, while easy to follow, can be either outdated in parts (previous versions of Swift using deprecated methods) or don’t explain exactly why you’re using certain lines of code. Once I found Chris on Youtube and followed the intro for beginners, it blew me away how simple it really was to begin.

Now, the work begins by diving deeper into Xcode and Swift and I look forward to the journey. Happy to be here.

1 Like

Hey there! I’m Charles, and I have always wanted to get into programming, but my degree led somewhere else. Also, I could never find good online courses. I started going back to school and did a C++ class, which was so much fun and challenging! But I was working full time and it was tough. Not to mention we moved states, so I have to wait for residency. Well, now that we are on lockdown, I thought I’d look for online courses again, and I found your YouTube videos, and the quality is that of a university course! It’s so simple to follow along, and being able to pause the video and play with new concepts is great!

Anyway, I’ve just always loved computers and technology, and I would love to become a swift developer, either for iOS or MacOS. Maybe tinker with some ideas I’ve had, as well!

1 Like

My name is Richy and I am a newbie to coding and programming language studies. I like to create things and so during this isolation period where I am doing nothing I decided to pickup the craft and master at it. I already started with Chris’s YouTube tutorials on SWIFT. It’s quite challenging but everything is possible so I will do my best to be a pro at it. I am happy to join this community and meet like minded folks like me. I hope I get the support and motivation I need.

1 Like

Welcome, Anthony! Wow, voice actor! I believe you’re the first voice actor in this community. But thank you for continuing your learning journey with us; you’re on the right track. We’re always here to support you. Have fun!

1 Like

Cheers, Charles! Now’s indeed the best time to invest in YOURSELF, and learning how to code is one of the most rewarding investments that you can give to yourself. Go for your Swift developer goals; you’re on the right track anyway. Welcome to the family!

Happy to welcome you here, Richy! Yes, just keep that attitude… persevere to overcome the learning challenges because the prize at the end awaits! We’re here to support you. Cheers!

1 Like

Hi everyone,

my name is Sinan.
Chris is my first teacher on ios development. I had zero background and I learned some of the basic by watching his tutorial. I look forward to meet with you guys and hopefully get some asistance if its required.

1 Like

Cheers, Sinan! I am sure you’ve already made some great progress. Thank you for learning with us, and yeah, welcome to our supportive community!

Hello everyone,

My name is Ben. I’m in Year 6/Grade 5 and I love to code.
Swift isn’t the first language I learnt even though Chris is my first teacher in learning Xcode and Swift.
The other languages I know are: everything in Scratch 3(I know it doesn’t really count, but I still love it for all of it’s simplicity, and my 4-year experience for it),
a decent amount of Python, a good load of HTML and HTML5, CSS, a basic idea of Javascript, and a teensy bit of C++
I absolutely love programming, and I long decided that a developer is what I wish to be for my primary career.

See ya all soon!

Ben

1 Like

Hi my name is Garen and I’ve tried a couple different methods of learning iOS app software and Chris seems to be the best out of everything I have found between books and online. I have some background in HTML and CSS and a little in JavaScript but would like to further my knowledge in IOS development looking forward to learning with you

1 Like

Wow, what a motivated and talented young learner you are! Thanks for being here with us! You’ll do great things. And stay safe! :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re at the right place, Garen! Thanks for learning with us, and welcome! :slight_smile: