Pratham's iOS Journey Journal

Ok. So I guess I will have to start the YouTube App all over again. It is definitely going to take a few tries to get right. But I know if I keep working a little each day toward my goals, I will definitely make progress over time. I have to admit the YouTube App is pretty fun. I am on the setting up GitHub and BitRise lesson. Those are tools that I haven’t discovered very much and don’t really know what they even are.

Quick update on Progress in the YouTube App (What’s left to do)
- Configure Gitignore
- Swift Codable and JSON Parsing
- Building the User Interface
- The Custom Video Table View Cell
- Watching the video in the Detail View Controller
- Like and Subscribe Functionality

I just finished the Configure Gitignore. Made some pretty good progress today. I will be pretty busy with some other stuff tomorrow. I will do Swift Codable and JSON Parsing on Feb 7, 2021.

So I feel like I am almost ready to move on from the Swift Codable and JSON Parsing. I am almost done with all of the hardest parts of the app.

I am using the GitHub stuff a TON! It has already saved me twice from destroying my own code. It’s basically a save point before doing something risky to your code good times! I tend to get a crazy idea, push to github and then start demolishing my code lol the. Thinking… maybe that was a bad idea lol checkout the previous commit and you’re good to go! Bitrise I don’t see much use for yet as a solo developer but I’m sure it’s just because I haven’t been using it

Ok. Quick update on progress. I have finished three one day builds. I have finished the following.
- Sound Recorder App
- Calculator App
- YouTube App

There is only one One-Day Build to complete and that is the Like and Subscribe OAuth extension. Which I should be done with by the end of this month. But I will keep the CWC subscription for a little bit. Once I have built and submitted a few of my own apps onto the App Store, I will cancel the subscription since I will no longer need it from this point on.

1 Like

Bitrise is definitely more useful in teams and when deploying apps.

It can be used solo, but that’s not where the biggest benefit is at

1 Like

Great to hear!! :clap::clap: that’s awesome progress!

1 Like

Ok. So I ran into some technical issues while integrating OAuth into the YouTube App. I don’t know if I can successfully integrate OAuth into the YouTube App. If I can’t integrate that functionality successfully, I think I will skip the Like and Subscribe part. I might get started on the Full Stack Notes App since I might learn or pick up a few/some new skills.

I don’t think I will be able to successfully integrate OAuth into the YouTube App since this time I ran into the exact same problem as I did last time. So I think I am going to skip the OAuth extension and move on to the Full Stack Notes App since I do want to pick up some more new skills.

Ok. Full Stack Notes App. Not as easy as I thought. Setting up the database and building the webserver was no joke. I feel like that is going to be the hardest part about building the Full Stack Notes App. The rest should be pretty easy. I ran into a bunch of technical issue and this is a Full Stack iOS Notes app. The database part seems easy but the webserver API part is something I need to review.

that sucks to hear about the auth not working, I’m gonna need it in my 2.0 version! I hope I can make it work still hahaha

1 Like

I decided to redo the first lesson of the Full Stack Notes App and hopefully, I will get it right this time.
I should be done with the Full Stack Notes App by the end of this month.

Ok. So I just finished the Full Stack Notes App tutorial series. I might review it to see if I have missed a few things. Even though I won’t build a Full Stack iOS App of my own. I am happy that I got a look into using different web development technologies, building a custom server, using POSTMAN. I also learned a new way of parsing JSOn by using .utf8 encoding strings. I did get a little more experience with working with Navigation Controllers. I did learn how to use and work with MongoDB a database that stores data in the JSON Data Format. Finally, I got a lot of extra practice working with Table Views, Structures, using the MVC design pattern and much more.

Ok. So I might jump on to the iOS Animations course and look into some of the UIKit Bentos.

1 Like

Dude I loved the animations, now when I see the animations on fancy apps I can see how simple it would be to add them to my own apps

1 Like

Ok. I just wanted to give a quick progress report

• I have finished literally almost all of the one-day builds. There was one of the one-day builds that I could not complete and that was the OAuth extension of the YouTube App since I ran into some technical issues. Here is a list of the one-day builds that I have completed.
    - Sound Recorder App
    - Calculator App and the Programmatic UI extension
    - YouTube Video App (No OAuth)
    - Full Stack Notes App and the Core Data extension

Ok so now that I have that done, All that is left to do is to take a look into some of the UIKit Bentos.

Ok guys so a few weeks ago, I started working on my own app. I don’t know why I never told anyone until now. It was a fun app to build. It was a Notes app but with Core Data. I didn’t watch the Core Data One-Day Build and I built that from the prior knowledge that I have acquired from Chris’s tutorials and the training apps that I have built.

It has some good features like sorting the notes by date and dark mode. I did use a database. Guess which database I used. You can toggle the dark mode switch. If anyone is interested to see my app, I will leave a zip file containing my xcode app.

Alright, I made some progress on my custom app today. I am a bit tired from this late-night work. I will continue tomorrow at around the same time or maybe before night-time for sure. Alright, good night!

Alright, I just made some pretty good progress on my custom app today! I would say that I have most of the essential app groundwork finished. I just need to work on the code behind and hook everything up to the code behind. I would say the app will take about a week or two to make if I get the SIGABRT error figured out.

1 Like