Pratham's iOS Journey Journal

Dude! that’s awesome! Is this an app for fun? for publishing? for yourself?

also, are you already registered with apple as a developer? that’s one thing I still haven’t done yet lol

lol yeah I hate that SIGABRT error… it pretty much just means you crashed your app somehow lol! I was getting a lot of that one when I was trying to ping a json file but my model wasn’t the right shape for the data lol.

1 Like

Yes, this is an app I am building for myself. I don’t know if I will publish it on the App Store.
I don’t have an Apple Developer Account. That’s one thing I have yet to do lol. But if I do get an Apple Developer account, I will definitely deploy the Xcode project (app) onto my own device (iPhone 11), but maybe not on the App Store. :frowning:

Thank you for the support and the kind words!

Ok, guys. I just want to give a progress update. So I finally resolved the SIGABRT error. Turns out the error was with the json file. Next step is to hook up the navigation controller so something works in the app. looking at something in a detail view using webviews and navigation controllers.

So I just made some progress on the app. All that is left to do is to create a custom table view cell for the notes and to hook up the note pop up so the user has create notes, update notes, delete notes and has access to all the notes on the note screen.

Ok. All that is left to do is to make sure the notes show up in the table view. Otherwise, I am mostly done with this app. Once I have completed this app, I will have completed 2 of my own apps.

Congrats! You’re about to pass me up lol what are you gonna do next?

I don’t know what app or apps that I am going to build next. But I don’t have very many ideas in mind, but I really hope Chris and his production team release some more one-day builds like the Budgeting App. I know that they have mentioned it but I really want them to make a budgeting app one-day build app tutorial series.

Ok. So I have finished two of my own apps (I finished the second app, I feel like I have gotten it right). I have started working on a third app. The third app is a Budgeting App (an app which people can keep track of how much money have spent everyday).

There is of course, one last bit of functionality to add in my second custom app and that is to make sure the keyboard slides up from the device when the user taps on a text field or text view. But I feel like I will add the bit of functionality, I’ll save that bit of functionality for a later time. I’ll put it off until a later time.

I have an exciting announcement to make. I just completed three of my own custom apps!

1 Like

Congrats dude!! Are you going to publish? TestFlight?

1 Like

Sorry that I saw this late. I don’t know if I am going to publish them onto the app store.

Did any of them use an api?

1 Like

One used a json file that I put into my Xcode project directory.

I worked with that a little, it’s read only if I remember correctly, so I guess the question is why even use a json file, why not hard code it into a Swift file? I think I’m going to try to use the core database for the app for my wife where I need to store some data

1 Like

you should definitly testflight! I’d beta test for ya! or if you have a github I’d check out your app

1 Like