Finished the 28 Day Challenge? Post Your Screenshot Here!

Congratulatiooons! Thanks for learning with us! Enjoy your first badge. :slight_smile:

Yay, you made it! It must have been an awesome feeling to achieve this! Enjoy your second badge. :slight_smile:

This was loads of fun! Finished the 28 Day challenge.

Learned quite a bit and yes it still seems quite alien, but I’m sure with practice it will become second nature.

Here is a picture of me running the app on my device. (Yes the timer is set to 60 seconds :crazy_face: )

1 Like

That depends on the model and the OS… worth googling it with your iPhone model, OS and Xcode version.

FINISHED :slight_smile:

what i did not manage:

• setting the same width for timer - stackview+collectionview… huge error has come, do not really know, what to do… the label is moving slightly, but it is ok for me :slight_smile:
  • sounds: they actually do work, but the first time they are played it shows an error Nr. 66671, see the bottom of screen - debug area… the error comes for each sound only once

what i did manage:

• to put this, for me :), HUGE project through and working, even though about 2 weeks ago i did know absolutely nothing about XCode, Swift, etc… i had only slight knowledge of TurboPascal(20y ago) and html (also 20y ago) :slight_smile:

• alone without help of Chris: card shuffle + each card 1x (see the code on the screen) - it actually generates the field of PAIRS (how many pairs do i want) numbers from 1…X (how many cards do i want to use), put them in to an array, finds a random position in that array, appends to new array and deletes this position from the array - by using the variables pairs and x i can determine during testing how many cards are visible :slight_smile:

it was quite fun for me, anyway setting up UICollectionView was like riding a car for the first time, but i am learning a ton of new stuff :slight_smile:

thank you Chris and all, who make those videos… thank you

1 Like

Congrats, tanujd! Thank you so much for learning with us. Enjoy your 2nd badge! :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re just on a roll! Thanks for sharing your learning progress and accomplishments in here. Second badge awarded! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Okay will try, thanks!

Thanks to you all, I am on my way to victory! That’s the complete version of Match Game! Yeyy!!!

1 Like

You are victorious indeed! Thanks for learning with us. Hope you had fun doing this challenge! Second badge awarded!

Hi, guys! I’ve had a lot of fun with this amazing tutorial! :grinning:
Thanks for this awesome experience! We are waiting for new one :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congrats, Ivan! You are AWESOME yourself. Hope you had fun! Why don’t you try the Slots Challenge next? Enjoy your new badge!

Hi All, done, what an amazing course… I have NO programing knowledge, retired dairy farmer, confined in Normandy France. Just curious about the Apps we use on a daily basis, I wanted to know how they function…
It was a bit challenging but so well explained and illustrated. I would like to keep learning, not sure what I’ll do with the skill but I guess I just enjoy the challenge, I am very curious by nature!
My App works but in the console I have two weird messages, can I post them?
Thank you very much what do you recommend next?

1 Like

Bonjour and welcome, Alain! You’re about to have a rewarding journey in learning iOS app development!

This thread is only for 28-day challenge screenshots. If you have concerns about your app, then you can post them under the App Development category. :slight_smile:

Thanks so much for learning with us!

Well I finished it!

1 Like

Well done, Afnan! You’re killing it! Enjoy your new badge, and hope you try out the other challenges!

I was kind of in a hurry so i did it in 4 days, i really loved the way Chris explains all of it and seen him code help me so much, i really enjoyed it, in fact i’d really like to learn so much more of developpement for apple devices.

Thank you so much Chris!

1 Like

Finished the 28 Day Challenge, the step up in difficulty from the war card game was noticeable but Chris explained everything well :slightly_smiling_face:

When I uploaded the game to my phone the cells started moving around again rather than holding their place in the structure which I couldn’t figure out how to fix

1 Like

1 Like

Thank you so much for your kind words! Glad to know that you had fun and also learned a lot! Try doing the other challenges. Congrats on your new badge! :slight_smile: