New Member Introductions

Hey CodeCrew! :wink:
My name is Liz, I started learning Swift in 2006 by going through tutorials on youtube and i can across CodeWithChris. As a fellow Canadian, I love Chris’s style and decided to stick with him. I didn’t find CodeWithChris until after i uploaded my first app but it helped with my 2nd app, just about ready to go live.
I am disabled and went to Community College and took a Programmers Analyst course of which i learned the basics of Programming in many languages. I learned Swift on my own with the help of tutorials and StackOverflow (a programmers’ best friend).
I am glad to be a part of the community and if i can help anyone, i am more than happy to do so and vice versa.
Happy Coding!

1 Like

Hi everyone, I am totally new to this and have I feel a great app idea that I think could really help people, I decided to join the group to learn and thank you Chris

1 Like

Hi CodeCrew!

My name is Deklan, I have just began learning IOS app development within the past month.
CodeWithChris is definetly the best one out there and has helped me out so much! I am looking to make multiple businesses as well as apps that go along with them and I know that not just Chris but the whole CodeCrew community will help me through my journey. I look forward to being a member of this community and thank you to all of you!!

1 Like

Hi All,

My name is Naman Joshi.

I am new to app Development but not new to programming. I am an SAP ABAP developer but looking for learning app development for creating new apps based on my ideas.

1 Like

Hi!

I am Antonio, I just finished my freshmen year of college and I am considering a major in computer science. I want to get in to app development because I think it will prove to be a very useful skill and I want to learn a new language to program in aside from C++. Maybe I can develop an app that would help my get an internship someday.

1 Like

We’re equally, if not more, excited to see you achieve your best potential in iOS app development, Chris! We’re glad to WELCOME YOU to our community. Have fun!

It’s never too late, Eliot! What a wise decision to invest in YOURSELF this time during these challenging times. Learning iOS app development is certainly a rewarding investment that can open up a lot of opportunities for you. Welcome and have fun learning!

Wow, the community will certainly benefit from your knowledge and skills, Liz! You seem to be very well-versed with Swift already. Thanks for learning with us and joining the fun. Stay safe and WELCOME!

Yay, it all starts with a simple idea, isn’t it? We’re excited to see what you have in store! There are always people around here who will help you achieve your app development goals. Slowly but surely, we’ll get there! Enjoy!

We’re humbled by your kind words, Deklan! Glad to know that our tutorials made an impact on your learning progress. Yes, we’re all in this together. Welcome to the family and don’t hesitate to reach out for help if you need to. Cheers!

Cheers, Naman! You’ll soon see that there’s a lot of transferable skills from programming to iOS app development. Let’s turn your app ideas into reality! Welcome to the family!

Yay, congrats on finishing the first year of college! You are absolutely right that learning to develop apps will be a super useful skill for you. Can’t be anymore relevant to think that you’re a future CS major. Update us on your learning progress. Have fun!

Hello, my name is Lucas, and I’m just starting my journey to become an app developer. I would love to create useful apps that integrate into users lives and make them better and easier! I want to embrace technology and always try and be on the cutting edge.

I’m continually learning even though my ADHD can make it hard to focus for too long. I love to come up with ideas, and one of these days, I’ll act on one with these new skills that I’m building! Thanks, Chris I’m excited to be here! :grin:

1 Like

Hi! I’m an English teacher and I want to learn Swift to create an app for my students and for myself to organise my students by level, lessons purchased, lessons left, etc. So far I’m having so much fun!

1 Like

Hi all!

My name is Miguel, I graduated from university in 2018 with a Bachelor’s Degree in Telecomms in London. My previous coding experience includes Java and MATLAB (both learnt at uni). I have always been interested in mobile apps and how they are built, but never really found a good starting point to learn.

Thankfully, I found CodeWithChris tutorials on YouTube, and since the beginning of 2020 I have been going through the Swift and Xcode videos. I believe Swift is quite similar to Java and MATLAB in certain aspects, so learning Swift does not seem that daunting.

Whilst my goal is to eventually become a professional mobile app developer, I do look forward to meeting the community and learning more and more. Huge thanks to Chris and the crew for facilitating all of these resources. :slight_smile:

Good luck to all!

Best,

Miguel.

1 Like

Hi all, start learning swift. Very very very… early stage :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Everyone! My name is Jeff. Long time graphic designer here. About 2 - 3 years ago, I’ve become more and more interested in iOS development. I’ve watch Chris’ free youtube videos and just recently enrolled in his courses.

I’ve been contemplating on quitting my 9-5 job and focus 100% of my time learning and study iOS. While goal hopefully is to become an iOS developer and work on my own projects. Any advice on taking that leap of faith and taking risk is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for letting me introduce myself. Please reach out, i’d love to talk to someone. :slight_smile:

Take care,
Jeff

1 Like

WEEEEELCOME, Lucas! Rest assured that we’ll be with you in this journey of yours to become an app developer. You are starting this process with the kindest intentions, and we here just can’t wait for you to progress and succeed! Thanks for joining us; you’ll love it here! Enjoy!

1 Like

Amazing, Lorena! We need more educators like you whose heart and mind are just in the right place… doing things to make an impact not just on yourself but on other people’s lives! Can’t wait to see you fulfill that vision of making learning just a tad bit more fun and meaningful for your students (and even colleagues) through your app development skills. Let’s do this! :slight_smile:

We got you, Miguel! The community here has your back. Thank you so much for kind words; it’s people like you why we keep on doing what we do. You seem to have some fundamental programming skills tucked under your belt so let’s go! Try doing some of our challenges! :slight_smile:

1 Like