New Member Introductions

Haha, we all start from somewhere! Trust that there’s so many people out there who eventually became iOS app developers despite having no programming or coding experience at all when they first started. Thanks for taking that first step… that makes all the difference! Have fun!

Cheers, Jeff! You seem to be at a pivotal point of your life where you want to make big and important decisions. Try to keep your job while learning coding on the side so that you maintain your income security while still learning what you eventually want to do in the long-term. Slowly build your skills, then your portfolio, and when you’re finally ready, then make the decision that’s right for you. Trust that the community is just here to provide you with all the assistance that you need so you can take the necessary steps to fulfill your projects. Glad to have you here!

Hi All!

My name is Sebastian and I’m currently working as a VFX artist. I have always been interested in new tech, and I’m very excited about the advances in Apple AR. I’m currently picking up the foundations for SWIFT and xCode so that I can learn ARKit and hopefully develop my own apps in the future.

If you have a similar interest in AR I would love to hear from you (just pm me here).

I also wanted to say a huge thank you Chris and his team. Good learning material is hard to come by and your videos are some of the best.

Looking forward to being part of this community and learning some more!

1 Like

Hey Chris,
Amazing work
Thanks

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from New Member Introductions:

Hi all,

I’m Lachy. As of today, it is the first time learning anything about programming/coding.

The reason I am interested in coding is to be able to understand, develop and fix problems to do with my business website, POS system and inventory database.

My questions will be very basic and most likely be answered easily (fingers crossed) as I am just starting out and if I get any terminology incorrect I apologise in advance.

My first question is - I have started the Swift Tutorial for Beginners and have completed 4 of the challenges, but am stuck on Challenge 5.

The loo for script i have written is printing my drawPixel “x” only 5 times (my height). I can’t seem to get the second line too increment one for “x” and so on each tempRow.

I feel like I’m missing something in the nested for loop. Can anyone help me on this please?

1 Like

I’m a Software Test Engineer. I’ve been in IT since 2007. I started off creating User Interfaces for Visual Studios. I have a Microsoft Applications Developer Cert. I only developed user interfaces for 1 year. I was introduced to testing after leaving my first company and ever since then I’ve been trying to get back to development and it’s not working. So, I’m here because a friend had an idea for an App that I agreed to build. Xcode is similar to Visual Studios. Also, at this time I was laid off due to Covid19. I’m hoping to land a career in development again. Thanks for allowing me to join.

1 Like

Well my name is Christopher and I’m from New York, I was laid off bc of the whole COVID-19 bit so I did what any sane person would do. I ordered the new 16inch MacBook Pro and decided to give iOS developing a shot. I randomly found Code With Chris on YouTube, he’s a pleasure to watch and I love how confident he is. Wish me luck!

P.S.if anyone else is starting off, hmu pls a friend would be nice to tag along for the journey!

2 Likes

A MASSIVE thanks to you as well, Sebastian, for joining us! Am sure others will benefit from your expertise and vice-versa. We’ll keep on progressing and growing together as a family. Cheers!

1 Like

Cheers, Dex! WELCOME! We’re just here to support, anytime! :slight_smile:

Welcome, Lachy! You’re on the right track. Everyone starts from somewhere, and we all can’t wait to see your progress! :slight_smile: As for your question, feel free to post it again in another category because this thread is strictly for introductions. Rest assured that one of our support team members will get back at you. Have fun!

Thanks for persevering to invest in yourself despite these challenging times! You are more than welcome to join us here as we all together grow and overcome challenges. Enjoy the rewarding journey of learning iOS app development!

We’ll get through this, Christopher! Keep on staying safe because you still have a very rewarding journey ahead in terms of learning iOS app development. We are just here to assist if ever you get stuck on something. Thanks again for your very kind words! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good Morning Everyone,

My name is Scott. I just started learning IOS App Development in the past couple of weeks with Chris’ tutorials.

I currently work as a consultant for a software developer. I mostly train and troubleshoot everyday on the customer service side of things. After 13 years, its become rather monotonous and boring. I’ve been looking for a challenge in my career for a while now and I think I have finally found it!

I hope to continue this journey and begin a new evolution in my career. Very exciting and so far I’m really enjoying IOS Development. I also hope to frequent this community as much as possible.

Be safe out there,

Scott

1 Like

Hello, My name is Lubna. I am a teacher and got into making animated lessons for my students during lock down. I am loving it! Thats why I decided to learn how to design an app!
I have just started this month but find that my Xcode doesn’t respond the same way as on the tutorial:(

Hello everyone,

My name is Kobe and I’m 18 years old and I am from Belgium. I know I am quite young but as I am getting more older I am always thinking of which way to go with my life. I dropped out of school in my senior year. I was studying industrial ICT, which is a great way to get introduced to programming (C#) and everything connected to electronics. I always loved programming but since I wasn’t motivated to go to school everyday I kind off fell behind with the whole programming language. Now that I am getting more and more interested in development I asked my stepdad who is also an IOT guy which language I should learn first to pick up my programming skills again. He told me I should learn swift. so I began my journey in finding the best way to learn swift but since there are 10000000 tutorials I was kind off in the middle of nowhere. Then I came across Chris’ profile on Skillshare and I knew this was the right guy to teach me swift. So here I am haha introducing myself as good as I can and I hope I can learn everything I want to learn from you guys!!

Hope to talk to you soon and introduce you guys to my first app!

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

My name is Tejas and I’m a middle schooler from the Bay Area. Before I started coding with Xcode/Swift, I was learning Python and Java. I also really enjoy SQL. Chris has really helped me on my journey through the app-building process and makes some of the best tutorials out there. This forum is extremely helpful as well, and I appreciate all those who contribute. Thank you so much to Chris and his team, as well as all members of this forum!

Sincerely,

YourAvgCoder

1 Like

Yay, Scott! Welcome, welcome! You made the right decision to invest in yourself and embrace a new challenge that will only bring growth. Thank you so much for learning with us!

Hi, Lubna! Welcome to the family! It’s really heartwarming to know your intentions behind your desire learn iOS app development. We’re here to help you succeed! Just post whatever your questions you have in the Community or App Development categories and one of our support staff will assist you. Keep on persevering and having fun!

Brilliant, Kobe! :slight_smile: We’re so humbled that you chose us to help you in your journey towards learning iOS app development. It’s gonna be a rewarding experience for you for sure. We’re just here to help if ever, ok? Merci beaucoup!

Wow, you’re a middle schooler yet already brimming with so much potential! We can’t wait to see all the other things you’ll accomplish, this is awesome! Cheering for you, Tejas!

1 Like