New Member Introductions

Cheers, Tom! We’re really having a lot of people with diverse backgrounds in here! We’re just here to provide you with support. Have fun and thanks for joining the CWC fam!

Hi everyone,

My name is Giovani, Im somewhat new to coding. I love learning how apps work and the new technologies in being created. I’ve built a android app and watched a few tutorials on IOS apps but I’m looking forward to growing my skills.

1 Like

Welcome to the fam, Giovani! We love that you have the curiosity to understand app development. And you’ve actually even built an app, wow! We will definitely all grow together. Thanks for being here!

Hello everyone.
I’m Mina from Vancouver, BC. I studied computer engineering, graduated 12 years ago. But, I’ve never worked in my study field. I found out swift syntax very similar to C and would like to learn SwiftUI and change my current career which is boring.
Yesterday I read a vey informative article about SwiftUI and I found Chris was posted it. I became interested to persue coding with him. But, I’m not sure if Chris teaches SwiftUI? I found 29 challenge teaches storyboard .
If someone is aware please let me know :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you
Mina

1 Like

Welcome to the community, Mina! Your previous academic experience will certainly work to your advantage as you begin to learn iOS app development. And I already answered your concern regarding SwiftUI. Thanks for joining the family. Have fun!

1 Like

hi all.

my name is MartinJan but I will mostly reply with MJ . in 2014 I did my first course with Chris . objective -c . Made an app and later converted it to swift . (also with the help of Chris Ching’s courses . I got busy with other things in life. in 2019 I rewrote the app in swift 5 , again with the courses.

At the start of the corona-period I started with SwiftUI . I already have 1 swiftui app in store. busy with a simple game now.

I’ve been programming in many different languages from most of them I know just enough to use them. Before corona I worked as a light designer/ operator for concerts/clubs/opera . I’ve done art school and worked as a 3D animator for advertisement and tv things .

my first app https://apps.apple.com/nl/app/hoelang/id871546384
my second in swiftui https://apps.apple.com/nl/app/m3m3/id1505065860

I live in The Netherlands
-MJ

2 Likes

Hi everyone! I’m Tiffany and I’m a designer/front-end developer from Chicago, IL. I’m currently working on transitioning from web to product design, so I wanted to learn app development to help give me an edge. I’ve been obsessed with mobile apps since the iPhone came out so I don’t know what took me so long to finally learn this lol. Anyhow, I look forward to learning with you all! :slight_smile:

Wow, welcome to the family, MJ! Congrats on your apps. Your knowledge and skills will certainly benefit the community. Keep on having fun and staying safe! :slight_smile:

Hi,
Im newbie here
thank you for encouraging me towards my goal and let me gain new knowledge about coding by your very kind personality. I promise myself not to be anymore laziness…

Thank you.

1 Like

Hey there! Newbie here.

I’m a UX designer who was recently displaced due to COVID-19. I seem to have a lot of great experience designing for web but I often lose most interviews when they ask about my app experience because I haven’t had the opportunity to work on any app/software projects in my career. So instead of waiting around hoping to get the experience I said screw it, if I can’t get experience designing for app development through a company. I’ll just learn how to develop apps and get the experience myself. Excited to get started and grow my tool kit and create awesome products!

3 Likes

Hi CWC crew!

I’m Magali and I’m also very new at coding here. First off, THANK YOU! I’ve been looking for iOS bootcamp everywhere and could not find any. I almost gave up the idea of learning iOS dev online until I ran into your YouTube videos! They’re amazing, you’re so good at what you’re doing Chris and your crew is very lucky to be working with you. You answer all my questions before I even get the chance to ask them haha I’m learning to code because this year I decided to learn everything that I could, step out of my comfort zone and actually challenge myself. I chose iOS development because it was the one that was the most intimidating to me. Thank you all again and stay safe!

1 Like

Welcome to the CWC family, Afina! We are all in this journey together, so just reach out if you need help. We’re cheering for you!

Great decision, Alex! Build your portfolio slowly but surely and you’ll soon get those opportunities. Thanks for learning with us; we’re just here for you!

Your words are very humbling, Magali! Thank you for being here; we welcome you with eagerness! Working on our courses takes a lot of effort, and kind people like you make all the effort so worth it. We can’t wait to see your progress. You’ll get there! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey guys!

I was introduced to this Community by Kat who suggested I come to ask a question I had regarding iOS app development.

I’m currently a Senior at Gonzaga University in Washington and I’ve wanted to develop applications for some time, however, my curriculum has finally aligned with doing so in terms of time and relevance, so I’ll be hold up this Quarantine Summer learning.

I find Chris’ videos extremely well done and mindful of little details that ultimately help me learn much better than any others I’ve seen. Very cool to see a structured community associated!

Looking forward to be part of it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Everyone,
I am Frank and just got my first ever MacBook for the purpose to learn SwiftUI/Xcode, simply because I am a huge fan of Siri Shortcuts and I want to contribute to the /r/shortcuts community once my skills are good enough to make an app for that with functions that are not supported natively or by any other 3rd parties yet (such as toolbox pro, pushcut, gizmopack, shortcutify they are all awesome apps for Shortcuts)
To be honest with you guys, I am not even sure if I am smart enough to learn it, had some history with alcohol in my 20’s, (still do I’m 26) but I’m gonna just try it anyways.
Chris seems to be a really nice humble guy on YouTube that’s why I decided to join this forum.

2 Likes

Welcome to the fam, Karsen! I just awarded you a badge then found out that you’re actually just new here. Awesome! Cheers to investing in yourself even during these challenging times. Just reach out if you need help in any of your coding projects. :slight_smile: Keep killing it and stay safe!

Welcome, welcome, frank! Thanks for sharing your story! iOS app development can be learned by almost anyone regardless of one’s background, and that includes you. Just put in the work and see your progress. And we’re always just here to help you if ever you get stuck on learning something. Enjoy your stay!

Hello Everyone.

My name is Mxolisi, I live in South Africa, Johannesburg. Very new to iOS development, I want to build a technology company that focuses on ICT projects and innovation for Government agencies.
learning these courses will equip me with the necessary skills to build a brand new app for healthcare professionals.
I must admit, I do find the Swift coding language a little challenging, but like Chris said, its a lot like learning how to walk. Thanks for a great platform, the support is remarkable.

2 Likes

Welcome Frank.

Happy learning, thanks for sharing your story with us. This is pretty new to me aswell. but hey, you know what…We’ll get through it. others have done it too :raised_hands: