New Member Introductions

We will definitely never give up on you, Matthew! At 17 years old… wow, you are already making a lot of progress. You’ll only get better and better from here. Welcome to the family, and if you need help, then don’t hesitate to reach out! :slight_smile:

Hey Everyone,
My name is Mason More. I have been a barber by trade for the last 5 years in Toronto.

With the quarantine taking me away from work I thought it better of my time to learn something new rather than just play Xbox the whole time. I have wanted to make a recipe website for some time now, so April 1st I started on my programming journey with an online Intro to Computer Science course. That introduced iOS and I quickly was steered away from the web dev path I was on and started on my iOS path which then led me to CodeWithChris which I started July, 10th.

I’ve just started on the News app and am super excited learning this stuff, especially when something connects and I realize how I could implement this in the iOS recipe app (changed from recipe website) that I’m striving to make.

Through learning iOS and enjoying it so much I actually am looking at a career change into iOS development when I am ready. I have been told by a CodeWithChris alumni that this was the only course needed to be job market ready so I’m driven to complete this course and become the best iOS developer I was always meant to be!

1 Like

Mason, our WARMEST welcome to you!! I think you’ve found your one of your calling! Trust that you’ll have more “aha” moments as you go deeper and deeper into our courses. We can’t wait to see you progress; we’re cheering for you, bud! Update us on your projects and looking forward to tinkering around your app in the near future! Have fun. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi guys.

I’ve been a hobbyist programmer since the 80’s. I used many programming languages, but was never good at any. Err… OOP is still not clear to me.

Anyways, the last language that I used was Microsoft VB 2010. Two years ago I bought myself an iMac. And… let just say I don’t wanna see PC ever again.

I want to learn swift. I found some of your lessons on Youtube and found them very helpful. I would like to thank you for those, Chris.

I’ve been going through the video about swift basics many times and at the same time I’ve been working with your first app (war card game) where you explain

so well how to access event-driven elements, and where to put the code. Thank you again.

(I apologize for any grammar errors; English language is foreign to me.) :neutral_face:

1 Like

Hi everyone.

My name is Rishi Dixit, I’m from India and I’m 16

I learnt code during the quarantine through codeWithChris and I love it. Its the most exciting and cool thing that I’ve ever done. First I started coping Chris program then I did a few modifications on it then I tried making the apps on my own and now after a month I am capable of replicating most of the components of the big apps like instagram or amazon.

I have these questions for which I haven’t found any perfect answer yet is how to disable screen recording like netflix and how to start guided access in an app like if a person is giving a test i dont want him to jump out of the app that I created and use the browser.

Peace :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Cheers, Joe! Welcome to the CodeCrew family! I think programming is and will always be part of you so I’m glad that our course materials are making some impact in your learning progress. You got this, and trust that we’ll be cheering for you! Just reach out when you need help. :slight_smile: Have fun!

Wow, Rishi, 16 years old? What a TALENT! Imagine how excellent of a programmer you will be someday now that you have started learning iOS app development early. Yup, we have some technical support staff in here who will do their best to answer whatever questions you may have. So create a new topic under the appropriate category and ask away! Welcome to the CodeCrew family! Keep on having fun! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey everyone!
My names Basil and I am currently working towards shifting careers to ultimately become a developer and programmer. I have dabbled in CSS and HTML but Ive decided to go with Swift as my first programming language. Im aspiring to make apps that help affect change in the world and in how humans interact with technology. I currently have some projects ive been working with some friends on but realized I need some serious levelling up to do what I want to accomplish. Excited to learn with you all and thanks Chris for providing such a dynamic resource for me and for everyone. Hope everyone is keeping well and safe during these times!

1 Like

Welcome to the family, Basil! We’re glad that you chose us to be a part of your career transition. All the best to your projects and I hope you’ll never forget to update us. We would love to know more about your progress and accomplisments! :slight_smile: Have fun!

Hey everyone,

My name is Josh and I’m just starting with this coding and app development journey (yesterday) I’ve always enjoyed computers and thought it would be fun to build my own apps. Recently at work I was asked to work on creating a custom form for warranties and would love to now turn it into an app! I look forward to learning more and more.

1 Like

Ive been looking for a possible career in some sort of coding and creating user interfaces doesnt look too shabby. Ive taken courses in C, Java, and some other Co Sci classes. Im not the best or fastest coder but, sometimes i get it to work haha. im on the egg UI (i think lesson 3) so hope to see you here if you need help or can offerr help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, Josh, it seems that you always had it in you! Time to unleash that inner passion for programming! Welcome to the CodeCrew family and don’t forget to update us on the progress of that app that you’re working on. Cheering for you!

1 Like

Well, you made the right decision then to join us here if you’re looking to start your journey towards an iOS developer career! Yeah, we all have our own individual journeys in learning iOS app development so just learn at your own pace. :slight_smile: Just enjoy the process. Looking forward to seeing you posting your updates in this forum!

Hello everyone,

I’m Greg. I am just starting out my programming journey and really excited to learn more. I will definitely be asking a lot of questions. I have no current goals. I just want to learn.

Looking forward to it all.

1 Like

Hi i’m Sahaj! i just started iOS app development a week ago and have completed the first module of the 28 day course. its been of immense. looking forward to learn more!

1 Like

Welcome to the family, Greg! Your goal to learn is more than enough! Just go with the flow and see where this smart decision of yours to learn iOS app development will take you. Excited for the journey that you’re currently on now. Have fun learning, enjoy the process, and we’re just here!

Yay, hope you are having fun, Sahaj! It’s gonna be a challenging yet exciting and ultimately rewarding ride so just enjoy the process. Can’t wait to see your progress! :slight_smile:

Hey, I’m super new. I’m not sure how to begin or start but I’m really open minded and headstrong. I want a career change and I want iOS development to be what’s next for me. Honestly, I’m scared but I’ll run scared!

1 Like

Welcome to the family! :slight_smile: It’s normal to have fears! But the mere fact that you took this important step to finally learn iOS app development is commendable. We’re just here to help you progress. We can do this! Have fun learning! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi CodeCrew :wave:
My name is Kamran. I’m a new in IOS app development word. I am not a programmer and I don’t have any background in programming. But I am friendly with comp world already 30 years and was doing small programming work as a hobby. Actually I am in healthcare industry and giving consulting services for clinical labs. Mostly doing data analysis and general consulting. All this time I was wondering if I can write LIS(Laboratory Information Systems) which will be meet the needs of our big laboratory community. Due my work I am facing with all aspects there labs are struggling with poor softwares. Is it good idea to try reach this goal with SwiftUi?? Any thoughts… Thank you for giving me this opportunity to introduce my self.
All the best!

1 Like