New Member Introductions

Welcome to the CodeCrew family, Yulia! :slight_smile: We can’t wait to see your progress! You got this! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for being a part of our growing family, Rainer! :slight_smile: With your previous experience in building apps, we are confident that you’ll master iOS app development in no time. Enjoy the amazing winter wonderland, as if you’re not already used to it! :slight_smile:

Hello CodeCrew!
My name is Erish, Ive Been learning iOS Development since 2018, ive had my first iOS Developer Job the same year i tried to learn it but it didn’t went well at least for me thats what i think, and i stopped for like year and a half and now I’m back to it, things are sudden just like my introduction but now i wanted to learn more and improve my iOS Development skills and pursue it!

2 Likes

Hi!,

Im Luke,

untill last year i was a lighting and sound engineer for the UK events industry, due to recent covid retaliated events i have been out of work since last march,
in a plan to learn a new career path with something i enjoy i have been following the CWC courses since September 2020 and in november joined the CWC+ crew!

i have a few ideas of my own i cannot wait to work on once i have completed the courses and fingers crossed it leads to something!

2 Likes

Welcome back, Erish! So glad to welcome you to the CWC family. Have a blast. Cheering for you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome to the CodeCrew family, Luke! We can’t wait to see how you will transform your app ideas into reality. All the best! 2021 can be your breakthrough year! :slight_smile:

Welcome, Yulia. I had the same experience: Chris’ organized and encouraging teaching made it possible for me to have the confidence to press forward with my projects, too.

2 Likes

Hello CodeCrew,

I retired over a year ago from banking where I worked in IT Operations. I have always loved coding and in my early years, built quite a few applications for our company using dBase III+, Clipper and Visual FoxPro (many of you may not know what those are :grinning:). I also dabbled quite a bit with VBA (mainly via Excel.) Having spent the better part of my later years in senior management, I have always wanted to return to my first love (coding) and believe the time is now right for me to do so. I was very interested in iOS development, came across the Code of Chris tutorials on YouTube and liked his teaching and delivery style. I have quite a way to go but on this iOS development journey I am willing to put in the hard work to see how far it takes me. Happy to be here!

1 Like

That’s what we’re talking about, Anthony! We’re so happy to welcome you to the CodeCrew family. I am confident that your love for coding or programming in general will power you through in this challenging journey of learning iOS app development. We can’t to see your progress! :slight_smile:

I was fortunate to be able to retire early. I am just looking to keep my mind more active as far as coding (I live in Japan and tutor students in English, physics and math). I have not written anything for iOS (or ever used a Mac) so I thought I’d try it out. At least it would be a learning experience and the students would get a kick out of it.

Only question I have is what Mac is , or specs for a development environment are, suggested?

Thank you.

@Micah
Depends what you prefer… a desktop of a laptop. If we assume a laptop (from the point of view of portability) then that really depends on your budget since you have the option to get a MacBook Air (the new ones are equipped with the Apple M1 CPU) or a MacBook Pro 13" or 15" or even a MacBook Pro 16".

For me I would consider getting yourself one with 16Gb of memory and say a 250Gb SSD which is reasonably modest.

You may even want to consider a second hand refurbished MacBook Pro. I don’t know what might be available in that regard in Japan but if you check with your local Apple store they should be able to help you out.

The other option is to get one of the new Mac Minis which are equipped with the M1 CPU. They are very reasonably priced and also very fast. Everyone raves about them in the Mac community. You will need to purchase an external monitor, a keyboard and a mouse. LG make some nice reasonably priced monitors. You may as well purchase a keyboard from Apple. When it comes to wireless mouse I use a Logitech M337. Small, comfortable and very reasonably priced.

I was just looking at some of the prices (Australian Dollars since that’s where I live)

MacBook Air - 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD - $1899.00
Mac Mini - 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD - $1399.00 (You need to buy a monitor, keyboard and mouse)

Hope that gives you a few pointers. I definitely recommend that you own research based on your financial circumstances.

1 Like

@Chris_Parker
Thank you for the reply. I’ve been researching for a couple of weeks now and saw the videos on YouTube, which lead me to here. I would prefer a laptop so that I can take it wherever we go (trains, in-laws, etc.). The MacBook Pro 13" is currently winning the race.

Pete Lewis (AKA PeteTheGolfer, but that doesn’t mean I play golf well – I don’t). I’m a retired programmer of 40+ years, but I can’t seem to stay away from it. I’m in the process of writing my first iPhone app just for my own use. I’ve been milking all the free stuff I can get from Chris, but pretty soon it looks like I’ll have to actually start paying. I don’t mind, though – it’s well worth it.

1 Like

Welcome to the CodeCrew family, Pete! I don’t think you can really leave the programmer/coder in you! So thanks for coming back to one of your seemingly biggest passions! Enjoy your stay here and have fun learning! :slight_smile:

Hello , CodeCrew ! :wave:
My name is Fatma , I’m 20 , still in college and I’ve felt interested in iOS development for a while , so excited to start with you guys , I am interested in this course cause I aim to learn lots of stuff , since I’m a computer science student it would add up to my major , I just want to reach Chris’ level he’s my Inspiration , wouldn’t be here without watching his YouTube videos they are so helpful! . Also, I’m looking forward to keep learning :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Welcome to the CodeCrew family, Fatma! It’s great to know that you are starting early to learn iOS app development. I am sure that by the time you graduate from college, you have already accumulated tons of coding knowledge and skills that will help you land a career in iOS app development (if that’s what you want). Keep on going and have fun learning! We can’t to know your progress. :slight_smile:

Hello Chris, Mikaela!
Hello Everyone!

My name is Giannis, Greek, 40yo. Just started learning programming. I started with Python last year, I found it very interesting, but something was missing. Since the introduction of the new M1 Chip, I think the future belongs to Apple. So, here I am. I just finished Module 2 and I am very satisfied! Chris, you are doing excellent job!

Take care!
Giannis

1 Like

Yiasoo, Giannis! Welcome to the CodeCrew family! We’re so happy that you’re learning a lot from our courses. That gave us extra motivation. We’re excited for what the future holds for you. Your programming background is certainly helpful. Enjoy your time here and have fun learning! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I recently retired from teaching high school media production where I taught students to code Flash games. I am looking forward to learning xcode and Swift to continuing my code journey in my new found spare time.

1 Like

Hello, I’m Marvin.
I maintain a Blog with over 2000 daily visitors. Since yesterday a really good app idea is holding me awake. It’s kind of an upgraded sleep tracker app with a lucid dreaming inducement.

I’m hardly trying to build this app. Maybe here is a savvy contributor around for a rev share?

1 Like